- Reuben Grinberg, Note, Bitcoin: An Innovative Alternative Digital Currency, 4 Hastings Sci. & Tech. L.J. 159 (2012). (This is the required reading only because it’s short and easy to understand, relatively speaking. The first two articles in the Additional Reading list would be more rewarding if you’re interested in the subject.)
- Joshua A.T. Fairfield, Bitproperty, 88 S. Cal. L. Rev. 805 (2015).
- Kevin V. Tu & Michael W. Meredith, Rethinking Virtual Currency Regulation in the Bitcoin Age, 90 Wash. L. Rev. 271 (2015).
- Matthew Kien-Meng Ly, Note, Coining Bitcoin’s “Legal-Bits”: Examining the Regulatory Framework for Bitcoin and Virtual Currencies, 27 Harv. J.L. & Tech. 587 (2014).
- Carl Kaminski, Online Peer-to-Peer Payments: Paypal Primes the Pump, Will Banks Follow?, 7 N.C. Banking Inst. 375 (2003).
- What’s “Bank 3.0”? Why are Taiwanese banks suddenly racing toward Bank 3.0? What legal issues might arise from such endeavors?