Skip to content
- Read the opinion of the court in United States v. Grinnell Corp. (your antitrust law assignment), and write a 1-paragraph summary, in Chinese, of the facts (no more than 10 lines).
- Write another summary of the court’s opinion in Part I (again, 1-paragraph, in Chinese, 10 lines or less).
- Submit your summaries to the mailing list by the end of Mon. (9/19).
- Prepare a 3-5 min. short talk, in English, commenting on the court’s opinion. (Feel free to take cues from the dissenting opinions.)
- Standard Oil Co. of N.J. v. United States, 221 U.S. 1 (1911).
- U.S. v. Aluminum Co. of America, 148 F.2d 416 (2nd Cir.1945) (Part I & II, *421 – 439).
- United States v. E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., 351 U.S. 377 (1956).
- Louis Kaplow, Why (Ever) Define Markets?, 124 Harv. L. Rev. 437 (2010).
- Mark a. Lemley & Mark P. Mckenna, Is Pepsi Really a Substitute for Coke? Market Definition in Antitrust and IP, 100 Geo. L.J. 2055 (2012).
- 76 Antitrust L.J. xxx, Symposium: Issues at the Forefront of Monopolization and Abuse of Dominance (2010).
- Wisdom of Compulsory Licensing for Pharmaceutical Patents, 78 U. Chi. L. Rev. 71 (2011).