Class meeting time: 10 am
- The order of presentations will be decided by drawing at the beginning on Thursday.
- The reviewer is expected to examine the research questions, the assumptions (explicit or hidden), the analytical models of the paper, as well as the strength and weakness of its arguments. You’re the reviewer; be critical.
- The reviewer should also look out for improper copy-pasting from other people’s works, inaccurate citations, and poor bluebooking jobs.
- All are expected to read everyone else’s paper, in addition to the one you review. This is your last chance to shore up your participation score.
- Learn to take good control of your time. Highlight your main arguments when time is short, and elaborate when time permits.
- Each session lasts 1:20 or so. (see the time allocation table below).
Order of Presentations: to be decided via lottery on site.
Pairing (not the order of presentations) :
|open discussion||15 min.|
|author’s final response||10 min.|
|moderator’s time||15 min.|