Skip to content
- To equip new graduate law students with the basic skills in legal research and thesis writing.
II. Course Structure
- Part I: Legal analysis and writing
- Part II: Legal Research (Westlaw and beyond)
- Part III: Bluebooking
- Harvard Law Review, The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19 ed., 2010).
V. Grading Policy
- Participation: 30%.
- Bluebooking: 20%.
- Argument Outline: 50%.
VI. Schedule (tentative, subject to change)
- 09-18 Course Orientation
- 09-25 How to Write a Policy Oriented Legal Thesis
- 10-02 Thesis Outline v. Argument Outline
- 10-09 Westlaw & Bluebooking I
- 10-16 AO Practice 1
- 10-23 Westlaw & Bluebooking II
- 10-30 AO Practice 2
- 11-06 Westlaw & Bluebooking III
- 11-13 Westlaw & Bluebooking IV
- 11-20 University Games (no class)
- 11-27 AO Practice 3
- 12-04 (midterm)
- 12-11 Law & Society Methods and Comparative Studies
- 12-18 (TBA)
- 12-25 Final AO Presentation I
- 01-01 (National Holiday)
- 01-08 Final AO Presentation II
- 01-15 (final)